This fan page is dedicated to all things Mortal Online 2. As we dig further into Combat Alpha check back here often for screen shots, Alpha information and more.
Rolufe first team fights video
finegamingconnoisseur talks MO2
Latest youtube interview with Henrik
Updated Roadmap for Jan and Feb
Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.11Added:
- Added Morin Khur as a starting location.
- Added new map area around Morin Khur.
- Added aggressive AI.
- Added defensive AI.
- Added guard AI.
- Bow aim method added as option in settings. (aim with crosshair or arrow tip)
- Built new chat bubbles used by AI to communicate.
- Added Guards to cities.
- Added bandits to the wilderness.
- AI can now carry and use shields .
- AI can now carry and use bows.
- AI can now carry and use melee weapons.
- Charged attacks can now be released before reaching the end of the charge animation.
- Increased pitch sensitivity in click-drag.
- Updated weather.
- Updated environment sounds.
- Landscape optimization. (Textures, gaps, collision issues etc.)
- Major optimization work on all UI.
- CPU bottleneck in the UI fixed, resulting in better game performance. (Please try using DX12 again if you have been using DX11 for performance reasons.)
- Charge attacks can now be released before reaching the end of the charge animation.
- Fixed bug where death and resurrect sequences would not play camera animation.
- Fixed issues with time sync .
- Moving AI should now more correctly follow the ground instead of hovering.
- Nation Standings now change correctly depending on your race.
- Nation Standings min max is now correctly calculated.
- Nation Standing names update to better reflect the current standing .
- Fixed a rare chat crash .
- Fixed rare server crash .
- Fixed issue where server could desync the time and cause major issues for all AI.
- Fixed issue with AI seeing dead players .
- Improved AI leash when too far away from spawner.
- Logging in when dead will display equipment on self.
- Logging in while dead and resurrecting will cause sounds to not play. (Relog once again to fix.)
- Some static NPC's float slightly above the ground.
- Guards and bandits do not always enter mercy mode correctly.
- Ai has some pathing issues being worked on. (Not always taking the shortest straight path)
Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.4Added:
- Added standings system.
- Added cooking and alchemy.
- Added tooltip support for consumable stats.
- Added support for pickable objects.
- Added custom animations for most crafting actions.
- Added more use tooltips to all items.
- Added eating and drinking.
- Added so crafted items now change the material of what you are crafting based on materials used.
- Added visible armor resource materials. (Metal, Wool, Fur, Scales, Leather)
- Added visible weapon resource materials. (Metal, Wood)
- Added quiver with up to 10 visible arrows when equipping a bow.
- Added new emotes. (use /emote in local chat)
- Added support for aiming with the tip of the arrow. Use chat command /togglebowaimstyle to enable it.
(we are working on a new settings backend, it will be added there later)
- Added updated weather system, it now supports different variations of rain, snow, and lightning strikes.
- Added so you can now lose hunger and gain thirst.
- Added pickable and gatherable resources to the world. (More to come)
- Refining now calculates time better.
- You can no longer use skills in mercy mode.
- Clade gift shields now change their look depending on your clade.
- You now get a murder count when murdering someone and you will lose standing with the nation your victim resurrects at.
- Buff and debuff icons are now larger.
- Polished most UI interaction to have right-clicking on items override the first slot when all slots are full.
- Stars now rotates.
- New player movement backend added for both optimization and better control during development.
(mostly the same as before, except a few details listed under Known Issues)
- More character optimizations. (CPU cost reduced)
- Springboks has received some visual polish.
- Dead players no longer exist in the game world for living players.
- Paperdoll now shows resource materials.
- Paperdoll now shows the same effects as on the player. (blood, transitions, etc)
- Adjusted bow animations in the first person.
- Optimized server code for sending rare animations.
- Made several minor optimizations on the server code.
- Archery cross-hair is now more accurate.
- Bows now shows a visible arrow for other players if they have arrows equipped.
- Fixed some issues with spawners on the server.
- Weather now affects clouds again.
- Fixed issue with refining not updating the hold to use button correctly.
- Fixed crash with voice chat.
- FOV no longer gets messed up if multiple sequences are triggered at the same time. (resurrect, teleport, etc)
- Random startup and shutdown crash reduced.
- Other players no longer vibrate when looking sideways while standing still.
- Other players no longer get stuck in slow motion running when walking.
- Torch embers are no longer active after un-equipping a torch.
- Torch lights and particles no longer stays in the world when the player disconnects.
- Character in login screen now updates to reflect nudity setting after being changed by the user in the main menu.
- Player no longer launches like a rocket on spawn if they try to jump multiple times during the loading screen.
- Blainn fur no longer detaches randomly when dying or resurrecting.
- Updated LODs on bows because they broke the string.
- Fixed an issue where equip hits would slow down the recovery of a swing.
- Fixed an issue where switching from bow to unarmed would increase the stamina drain for unarmed.
- Fixed an issue where arrows did not make an impact sound for other players.
- Initial crash on the first login still present.
- Character movement might hitch when jumping and landing.
- There’s a slight hitch when a character initially rotates. (visible on NPCs)
- The game can still get stuck as a process when shutting down. Close it in the task manager if it does.
- Texture issues when using DirectX 11.